Yesterday was our last Sunday in our current ward. It's been an up and coming thing for 6 months. So, the first annoying thing that happened was that they didn't release me from my callings!!! What the heck?!?!?! I've been told for weeks that I'd be released. I guess it doesn't matter much but, it does give me a sense of closure and to not worry. My callings are ward organist, choir accompanist, and the scout parent contact (which is a totally made up calling). Yesterday I was busy getting myself and the kids ready for church. I looked at the clock on my watch and it said 8:40am. Our ward starts at 9am and I have to be there at 8:45am or 8:50am to do prelude on the organ. Well, I finished up Rylie's hair and went to look at my phone clock. I usually have a clock in my bathroom, and everywhere else but, they're all packed. I looked at my phone clock and it says 8:55am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time got away from me. Luckily, I was all ready to go so, I grabbed my church bag and took off. Meanwhile, I started getting text messages and I knew who they were from...people wondering where I was. I got there and this was a bit of a panic going on, trying to figure out the music. So, maybe they appreciated me for one brief second. It was ok though.
The 2nd annoying thing that happened is really dumb and petty on my part. Only 4 or 5 people said anything to me about leaving. THAT'S IT!!! I know I didn't change the world or cure a disease but, I felt like I had more impact than 4 or 5 people? It made me sad and feel bad. I know life goes on for everyone and I'll be forgotten because that's what happens when change takes place and we move on. I just wish it didn't happens so quickly. I guess it made it that much easier to walk away on Sunday.
__________________________
Our days are numbered in St. George. 4 days from today and we'll be on our way. Today we're working on packing up our bedroom. Everything except for our clothes and under our bed. Tomorrow we'll pack up the bathrooms. Then, we'll start on packing the remainder of the kitchen. On Wednesday, we'll finish packing the remainder of the kitchen, clothes, and last minute things. Thursday, we pick up the moving truck at 11:30am and the fun begins. Well, a different kind of fun. I've been packing for a few weeks so, I'm EXTREMELY OVER IT!!!!!!! Today Mike said, "Is this worth it?"
1 comment:
Lol! Boy can I relate! That just stinks! Trevor tells me I have the problem of comparing everything to Michigan and thinking our current friends should treat us similarly. I've never felt like anyone cared if I lived or died, except in Michigan. Dumb, eh? I'm sure more people than you know will miss you terribly. How could they not? You are an awesome, fun,, friendly, amazing person!
-alyson (this is my alias username)😂
Post a Comment